Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pulled upper back muscle?

I pulled my muscle yesterday on my upper back just below my neck, I was just wondering why I got a really bad stinging sensation rather than pain? It still feels like its stinging now but only when I over stretch. Does anyone know what i can do to help it?
Answer:
See your dr. but in the meantime use ice and ibuprofen for the pain and inflammation. Heat will make it feel better short-term, but ice will bring down the swelling long-term, which is the cause of the pain.It may not be a pulled muscle, it may actually be a muscle spasm. For that you may need muscle relaxants and PT.Best wishes.
i pulled my pud it felt good
Get a deepheat rub or spray like ralgex this should help it also if you sit with your back on a hot radiator or go for a hot shower and direct the spray onto the sore area it should ease the pain a bit
sounds like u trapped a nerve or a nerve was pinched but please be careful and have it checked by doc also support under your arms while sat with pillow or cushion it does help

No comments:

Post a Comment