Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pulled Muscle in upper leg... how long does it usually take to heal?

I fell yesterday in mud and pulled the muscle in my upper leg ( actually dr said not sure if I pulled or tore the hamstring )
how long does something like this take to heal... I am having hard time doing anything!! ( and staying off of it is nearly impossible with 8 kids!! :-)
Answer:
If you only pulled it, it could take from a few days to a couple weeks, but if it's torn, you better find a doctor that can verify if it is and get it taken care of asap.
could take weeks
rest, ice, ibuprophin
6-8 weeks.
Couple of days for me usually.Although i've never actually 'torn or pulled' a hamstring.
I'm just talking about a pulled muscleUse one of those heat bags(you know the type - you heat them up and use them for period pains..) they work wonders on achesAlthough i doubt you've had many periods with 8 kids! wow!
weeks maybe more ice bag on it or somethin take care
a pulled muscle heals slowly and is hard to get it to heal

No comments:

Post a Comment