Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please look at my spider bite?

I have been researching online spider bites and I have read that I do not need to see a doctor until I cannot stand the pain or if I feel nausea/vomit..etc, I feel perfectly fine. I think that my spider bite is a few days old, it at first itched, then it swelled up now the swelling has gone done but is red and feels quite hard. I didn't see the spider that bit me, it must have been while I was sleeping because I never noticed anything. I am just wondering if anyone who really knows this stuff can tell me if its getting better or if it's the same tomorrow if I should go to see a nurse. Or what can I do myself to speed up the healing process? Also it only hurts if I press against it. The picture didn't come out clear but I tried to zoom in on it. It's on the side of my wrist, smaller then an inch wide and tall. Thanks.http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/3562/...
Answer:
Although it sounds from what you said that it's healing the picture looks revolting.It looks exactly like an abcess has formed.Go and see your Doctor. It's not looking good. And needs treatment.
It happens.You're fine...Maybe a litte scarring aftewards...But it will fade as well!Oh FYI: Now you know why spider bites are nastly little buggers! And if you start turning into Spider Man, well, hope you make a billion - billion dollars at it!Seriously though, nothing to concern yourself with...Take care!Oh PS: If you really did have a bad reaction to this bite, you'd definitely know it; and wouldn't be posting your pic online!
go to an urgent care. "spider bites" are often abscesses that need medical treatment.
Well, it sounds like it is starting to heal. Try over the counter cortisone cream per package instructions and Advil or Aleve to relieve the swelling. That should help but generally they take about 10 days to heal totally. If it gets worse, feels warm or pus starts coming out ie signs of an infection get to the doctor.
I've heard applying an electric shock neutralizes the venom.
thats gross
It looks like a boil or an absess. Go and get it checked out.
go to the doctor and get it checked... some spider bites are worse than they look ...

No comments:

Post a Comment