Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please somebody tell me what this is lol?

Hiya, at the back of my throat (well as far back as the eye can see) i have a white lump on the side of the 2 semi circle parts of the thoat (not the dangly bit, but on either side of it) it is really painful and has givin me a fever, and has made me feel very dizzy, and no matter if i lay down or sit or stand i seem to be just as dizzy.does anyone know what it is, that i have? i thought i had the flu, but it is this thing in my throat that is making me feel sick, because anytime i swallow, the white lump touches the dangly bit, and goes back my throat a bit.(if anyone understands what i mean lol, please reply if you know what it is, and if there is any way of getting my throat better again)thanks for any genuine answers
xxxx
Answer:
This is what it sounds like to me. The link has pictures too, so you can see if it looks similar. Good luck to you, I hope you feel better.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/tonsillitis...
Here's a tip: when I had it I'd alternate eating a Popsicle, then drinking hot tea. The cold helps make it less sensitive to the pain, and the warm helps with the swelling. Also, gargling warm salt water helps kill the bacteria. Its a good thing to do till you can get to see a doctor.
go to your doctor now, I don't want it to block your breathing.
this is not something to play with.
go to webmd.com and they have a symptom checker there it really helpful
It sounds like tonsilitis. Get some antibiotics from your doctor. Get better soon x.
Could be a throat infection or tonsillitis, you need to visit your GP, maybe you need a course of antibiotics..
without seeing exactly what it looks like i can't be sure, but when you have strep throat you get white things in your throat and they can be very annoying. It will aslo cause a fever and pain. If it is strep you really need to get to the doc because it can get a whole lot worse and move. Last time I had it, it moved into my stomach and i was really really sick
It is tonsillitis, if it is really bad your GP will prescribe antibiotics for you. Otherwise just use some painkillers and an antiseptic throat lozenge. If the tonsillitis keeps returning you may have to have them removed.
I don't know but go to the doctor and don't ask people like me for medical advice..
you have tonsillitis and need some anti biotics from your doc, but you could also gargle with warm salty water to ease the infection while you wait for your appointment
Hi hope your feeling better very soon but you should really go to your GP sounds like laryngitis or tonsillitis,just go for piece of mind good luck and hope you get better x
ouch! It sounds like you've got tonsillitis. you got to see your docGet well soon x
sounds like some kind of STD but for your safety i suggest you go see your doctor quick before more lumps start appearing down your throat
Tonsilitis!
sounds like tonsilitus go and see ur doctor honey coz thats ur tonsils and the only way of clearing it is antibiotics. hope u feel better soon xxx
It sounds like you have the beginning of possibly strep throat and/or tonsillitis. You will want to do get it checked out by your health care professional to have a throat swab done to rule out the Strep possibility.
If you are dizzy please have someone drive you to the doctor. I had tonsillitis and strep last year and the symptoms were pretty much the same. Good Luck
you have tonalities. you need to get some antibiotic's from your DR
I'd echo the advice to see your GP. But I have to ask Mamsyo:
what the heck is 'tonalities'? Is it tone-deafness?
Sounds like tonsillitis - see doctor asap for antibiotics! I haev had it twice and have been in agony, been sick, dizzy, bad headaches! Is not just a sore throat!!Hope you feel better!!
It sounds like strep throat or tonsillitis of it swells to much it can block your airway so I would go to the doctor as soon as possible. Hope you feel better good luck
It's called tonsillolith (tonsillo=tonsils and lith=stones). They are small food particles that gets trapped in the folds of your tonsils. They stink. When they get big, its starts coming out. The only way you can remove it is to express it using your fingers or a long q-tip. Or if you can inhibit your gag reflex, use a water pik and channel the output to that particular fold. Make sure waterpik is set to the lowest setting because it can hurt you. I know this because I have this once in a while and I have my doctor look at it. He was surprised that I know what it's called. I have doctor friends too. Or to eliminate gettting it anymore, have your tonsils removed. I didn't consider the latter.
Tonsillitis, it's really not nice, but try not to take paracetamol etc as they just slow down your bodies natural way of dealing with it. Antibiotics will help, but always finish the course even if you feel better after one or two of the tablets.
If you get these symptoms again at a separate time, then you can have your tonsils removed surgically, which causes little change to anything, but will obviously remove any chance of you getting tonsillitis again.

No comments:

Post a Comment