Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please help me! Airplane ear!?

I'm on vacation and just landed in Los Angeles yesterday morning. Everything was fine with me, and there were no problems. Today I wake up in the middle of the night because my ear is killing me and feels like it is going to burst any second. Every few minutes a sharp pain comes and I can feel some movement going on. Is it called Airplane ear if you get it the day AFTER you were on an airplane? If not, what else can it be?
Answer:
It could be swimmers ear, if you were swimming at all.
the pain that you are feeling is pressure on your ear drum. the pressure is the buildup of fluid that isn't being release like it normally does. try yawning while pulling on your earlobes. this will oben the tube that releases the fluid. if that doesn't work then hold your nose and mouth shut and try blowing your nose. i hope your ear feels better
my mom has that problem.. she had to have tubes placed inside of her ear so that the canal doesnt completly close while she's flying.. she has to get this procedure done every few years and she says its very painful, but worth it so she doent have to deal with pain in-flight

No comments:

Post a Comment