Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pulled muscle?

Any one ever pull a hamstring muscle in upper part of leg?
How long did it take to get better?
Thanks. Virago Jim
Answer:
RICER- Rest
I- Ice
C- Compress
E- Elevate
Yeah.it takes about a month..if u take care of it( stretch)....if u dont.then longer..like 2 months
I have pulled a muscle in the upper part of my leg before...It took about a week and a half to heal. I kept working out on it though. so I am sure it would have healed sooner if I would have let it rest. I think the key is to constantly stretch it and put heating pads on it.
mine took 2 weeks till i could walk without a limp. just take motrin and put a heating pad on 2x a day for 30 min. it should help.
many many times. if it hurts just to walk, then it could be 2-3 weeks. if its just when you run. maybe a week or 2.
but once you get that injury its going to keep coming back, so always make sure you stretch good and hard from now on. trust me, i have had it constantly for 3 years. never stops coming back
my took like a week and a half
Depends. I've done it 2 times. 1st time it only took a week because it wasn't that serious. Second time it happened it took like a month. It depends on how severe it is.
Hi Jim, No i have never pulled a hamstring before, but i had a totally knee replaced and it took a year for me to get thought something like that. A lot of therapy. I hope you feel better soon.
poppy1

No comments:

Post a Comment