Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please help tonsil problem!?

have food stuck in one of the creveces of my tonsils. like one of those white things. and it has been there for 3 days already!! im really getting tired of it cuz it wont come out. how can i get it out?
can i use like a long toothpick? or a cotton swab to touch my tonsil? maybe that would get it out?
please help!
Answer:
It's called tonsillolith (tonsillo=tonsils and lith=stones). They are small food particles that gets trapped in the folds of your tonsils. They stink. When they get big, its starts coming out. The only way you can remove it is to express it using your fingers or a long q-tip. Or if you can inhibit your gag reflex, use a water pik and channel the output to that particular fold. Make sure waterpik is set to the lowest setting because it can hurt you. I know this because I have this once in a while and I have my doctor look at it. He was surprised that I know what it's called. I have doctor friends too. Or to eliminate gettting it anymore, have your tonsils removed. I didn't consider the latter.
Garggling salt water may help. Don't stick anything sharp down your throat.
are you sure it's food? food decomposes. you should just see a doc. it could be something else.
gagle with one of the following: warm salt water, hydrogen peroxide, listerine. I get these all the time in the spring when my allergies are aweful, I use the warm salt water pretty regularly and the listerine every time I brush my teeth. For the really stubborn ones I use peroxide(this was suggested to me by my ear nose and throat doctor) The important thing is not to swallow any of these things. I have been so bold as to try and get it out with my toothbrush but the bad news is...when you think the thing is gone, in a few hours it will be back. This is actually a small littlle pocket that fills up, when the surface piece is gone, more moves up to the surface.
I sounds like they are swollen . Dissolve an aspirin in a little warm water and gargle with it. It will assist in healing them if they are swollen and get the white thingy out.The white thingy could be a spot indicating strep.

No comments:

Post a Comment