Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Please help me evaluate my blood creatinine results?

Please help me analyze my blood test results. I'm 21 and I've always thought I was perfectly healthy. I've always been pretty athletic, I'm not overweight, etc. I took a blood test and it showed my creatinine levels at 1.3 which my doctor said was slightly high and wants me to come in in a week after plenty of hydration. I researched kidney disorders and now I'm freaking out/becoming very anxious and I'm not sure how to interpret this. A little more info about me:
I work out 3 days a week, i'm 6'1 and i weigh 182. I'm not extremely muscular, but I'm pretty fit. I used to take whey protein supplements but i don't think that's relevent to creatinine. My resting BP avgs 120-130 (but probably a lot more now that i'm very nervous about this).Thank you for your input.
Answer:
I would relax and be more conscious of my hydration, especially if you are athletic. Dehydration is often attributed to a high BUN/Creatinine.
Don't worry..I think 1.2 is normal...so at 1.3 you are probably OK....Lack of proper hydration is probably the culprit...I have seen dehydrated patients with a creatnine of 2.4 go down to 1.3 in a couple of days once we re hydrated them...Drink plenty of water...if you work out you sweat and lose more water than normal...so you must drink more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment