Saturday, August 8, 2009

Popping joints?

well im fifteen and my joints are always popping especially in my knees. they pop in my shoulders and elbows. after i do alot of walking or so my knees start to hurt. if i jump to hard my knees will start to hurt too . i went for a check up awhile back and the doctor told me it was because i am double jointed, but it just recently started when i was about 13. does anyone know what this problem could be.
Answer:
my grandmother and my 11 year old little brother both have popping joints my grandmother doctor told her something about air in between but anyway it is a sign of arthritis
I'm double jointed too and my knees pop too.But my family has been known to have bad knees. I don't know if it is just a coincidence.
I think you're doctors right. You're 15, you're still growing, you're muscles and ligaments are still adjusting.Go back to the doctr if you're still not happy.
If the popping doens't hurt (i know you said it hurts in you're knees), but if you're joints pop and don't hurt elswhere, as yet, i wouldn't be worried about it. Often it's just harmless popping, basically you're joints releasing gas.
If it hurts, get it checked out, but being double jointed, OR Hypermobile as it's often called, does mean that you WILL EXPERIENCE JOINT PAIN. Joint pain comes with being double jointed.
Here's some info from NHS Direct about Hypermobility.
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/art...

No comments:

Post a Comment