Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please help me??

Six days ago, i developed a nerve kind of pain in my neck with headaches on and off. I have been to the hospital where they gave me anti-inflammatory tablets. (Ketofan and Muscadol) they also gave me a gel to rub on my neck, and an injection of Voltareen to kill the pain. None of it has worked and i am nearly tearing my hair out with the nerve pain in my neck. I have been up since 4.30am this morning cos i have been so restless last night and dont know what to do. Am i going to have this for the rest of my life or is it going to go away?? Has anyone got any suggestions, or know of any good painkiller that will help me.
Answer:
I had a trapped nerve in my neck which was extremely painful. They give you the anti inflamatories to help the nerve release, and they should work after a few days. I know it is a nightmare waiting, but this should stop hurting eventually. I use co-codamol for anything that gives me real pain, but be careful not to mix medicines that don't go together, and keep taking the anti-inflamatories. Sometimes some gentle manipulation of the neck helps but it can make things worse so again be careful, also a cold compress helps sometimes too. It will get better!
sounds like trapped nerve so it will go away at some stage if it takes too long you gp can send you for physio to bring it along ive leg damage and can only walk about my house im not allowed painrelief as ive a blood dissorder but this helps soothe atleast with its warmth n numbing qualities rub vic vapour rub into the painful areas xx
it sounds like you pinched a nerve, I've done this before it hurts a lot and there is nothing you can really do but wait for it to subside, from the age of 8-13 i had head splitting migraines was tested and checked by doctors and they didn't know s**t, try some herbal remedies for the pain, their are certain relaxing teas that might help you sleep the best i know is chamomile, massage, stretching, acupuncture acupressure both work. I'm sending some AROHA your way.
hope you get better soon x
Have you been back to the doctor to tell him this? Keep on at him. Ask if he thinks a Butran patch will help alleviate the pain. Also take paracetamol (if he agrees). The Butran patch is a patch which you put on your body once a week and it releases opium into the blood stream slowly. You start off with a 5mg patch and the doctor will put it up to 10mg if he thinks the 5mg patch isnt working but you have to remember one thing and get this clear..it is addictive! Once you have that patch you will not be able to tolerate pain at all and you will come to rely on this patch. You cannot put the patch on the same place the following week it has to be put on a different site. You cannot get this patch without a doctors prescription. I really hope this helps in some way because pain is a terrible thing. I know!!!
Hi. Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. Firstly, in life we sometimes get a problem that FEELS like it will never go away. Do remember that when you cut your finger it heals. The body does it's best to HEAL naturally. Your nerves once upset take time to settle down. It WILL get better. Pain is made worse by stress. One thing you can do is to learn to relax. I know that may seem difficult right now, but you may be in a state of mild shock which is worsening your perception of the pain. Self hypnosis will work well for this. If you go to http://www.downloadhypnosis.net...
you can get a free relaxation recording which will help you to do this. You could also try EFT. The link for that is here:
http://www.emofree.com/You can get a free manual which explains how to do it. It MAY work wonders for you. Also, try to "re-frame" it so that you use different language ...so rather than thinking of "pain" or "agony" etc, try viewing it as "discomfort". See if you can close your eyes and change the qualities of the sensation. If it's hot for instance, try sending some cooling colours using your mind. If it's spikey, imagine smoothing the sensations. See if you can move the sensation (or some of it) using your mind (visualisation with eyes closed) outside of your body...or to your big toe. See if you can imagine soothing it once relaxed. Don't underestimate the power of perception to change a sensation. Some people have operations that should require anaesthetic with only hypnosis. The power of the mind to reduce pain is considerable. Most importantly RELAX as much as possible and remind yourself THIS TOO WILL PASS...Good luck! Hope this helps.
I agree with everything that was said so far but I would also ask you to make sure that you're not making the condition worse by the way that you sleep or by using and inadequate pillow that does not support your neck while asleep. I would also try to use a hot water bottle to ease the tension on the nerve . I have severe arthritis and I use 1000 Mg's of naproxem sodium the ingredient in aleve. It helps me to stay pain free. I hope that it helps you also. Try to use heat and use a really good pillow to make sure that your neck gets the support that it needs. I hope that you get some relief soon.
Go back to your GP/hospital, there are various other treatments are available. your pain will go away. I have very bad backache few weeks ago, the painkillers making it worse because of side effects, I have to call GP home. he prescribed Nabumeton 500mg. which make the pain go away as though I never have it. Also had some physiotherapy sessions, since I stopped these tablets. the pain has returned but it is not so sever and I do not need any medication. Just try to relaxe and go back to your doctor
If you are a UK citizen, the best advice I can offer is to get another consultation with another doctor.Go to the NHS website and there you can find out a lot about your condition by clicking through via the various slots etc.Did anyone at the hospital actually tell you what the problem is called - gave it a name?At the NHS website you can at least describe your symptoms and it will then come up with a selection of options to choose from.GET A SECOND OPINION.As for pain killers the only one I know of which seems to work is Paracetamol at 500mg strength. You can take up to eight of these per day. Should do the trick, I hope.Take care.
i always used to have pain in my neck cuz i slept with my neck arched wierdly idk why but it might be how u sleep, idk why it should start now though
have you ever been in a car accident if so you may have damage to your vertebrae,if this is what's happen then you need to get an m.r.i.scan. then you will be able to get the proper medication .i went through all of this for 30yrs before i was told it was not migain i had been suffering from but crushed disces in my neck which trapped the nerves so i know what your problems are and how you feel but it does get better
I would go and ask the doctors advice again.You might also benefit from trying physiotherapy to try and release the nerve if its trapped.Good luck
You have received a variety of good advice...Have you had an x-ray? I suggest this just to be on the safe side that it's nothing more then a pinched nerve. You probably are experiencing a similar pain as a sciatica situation...and that too is very painful. For that problem anti-inflammatory and pain killing pills a cold packs would also be suggested by a GP. Acupuncture will work I'm sure..Osteopath or chiropractor is also a way forward...IF you can isolate the cause of the neck problem WHY it happened that would help, I know you feel its the way you sleep..but it may also be posture etc. Spiritual Healing will benefit you as well. My thoughts go out to you. all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment