Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please help me!!!?

My knee has been hurting me for about three weeks now. I first noticed it when I was playing in a softball game and I slid into second base. The next day it hurt very bad. And every day it has been painful. We tried iceing it and heating it and we treid a knee brace but none of those seem to work. My parents tell me every day oh you'll be fine, or it'll feel beter tommorow but it never does. Do you have any idea what i did to it? what do you think I should do. Finally should I use something to support it. Thanks for your help!
Answer:
You need to have it looked at by a doctor. I've done martial arts for years and have had several knee injuries. You could have a torn meniscus, a torn ACL or other ligament that will require surgery, or it could just be a very bad sprain. Only a doctor will be able to tell you for sure. I don't know your age, but one bad knee injury can sideline you for a long time if you don't treat it properly.
OMG! I know exactly how you feel! I hurt my ankle after a soccer game in May and it still hurts-my paren said te same thing "you'll be fine". Just keep it elevated and do eveything you can to keep the pain down until your parents give in. Try asking them if you can go to the doctors and that its been a long time and your concerned
i would see a doctor. Its happend to me it could be a torn meniscus. some symptoms are Knee pain
Swelling of the knee, Tenderness when pressing on the meniscus, Popping or clicking within the knee, Limited motion of the knee joint. Seeing a doctor can also help so this doesnt get worse off..Good luck
sounds like a partial dislocation. You need to get to a orthopedic doctor.
Go to a doctor, you didn't say how old you were but if you don't need your parents to take you then go on your own or just tell them (your parents) how worried you are and get them to take you
You should rest your knee for now. Or maybe for several days or weeks. I know its not good to hear because you seem to be a very active person but if will not do it now, you might not be able to play softball for years. Constant severe pain and swelling is a sign of bone fracture. If it really hurts that bad should consult a doctor to rule out what is wrong with your knee.
you need to tell the parents it is not feeling better and let them know that you have an injury and it could be severe! you need to go to a doctor, if no home remedies have helped! You have run out of all options, you need a doctor. Tell them that you arent going to be able to continue playing ball if you dont get it taken care of. You could have hurt a tendon or ligament or possibly pulled a muscle. Good luck and feel better! god bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment