Saturday, August 8, 2009

Possibly a concussion??

Yesterday afternoon I was playing kickball and ran into my brother and we hit heads i fell over and my whole head felt like it was going to explode.. then it felt like i needed to throw up.. i stood up and started to walk and i was super dizzy and had a huge headache... within 2 minutes above my eye was completely swollen and bruised down onto the eyelid..I ignored all of that and just kept playing.. then this morning when i woke up my eye was swollen shut (it isn't anymore) my head was throbbing and when I tried to stand up I was really dizzy... i am super tired and have been sleeping all day (i don't feel sick anymore) why is this happening and what should I do?? I would really like to stay away from the doctors-- besides if it is a concussion what can they do about it?
If it matters I am 15-- I have told my dad and he isnt worried bout it at all.
Answer:
Dad's aren't usually worried, because it's normal for kids to do stupid things (like, run head-first into their brothers).It could be a concussion . . . it could be something worse. If you pass out, or your pupils stop responding (if they don't shrink in the light), then you should go see a doctor. Otherwise, put some ice on that eye and take some tylenol (not asprin, not ibuprofen, advil, excedrin . . . ) so that next time, you'll be able to see, and won't bash your brains out.

No comments:

Post a Comment