Saturday, August 8, 2009

Power walking and stitches in the sides?

when i walk i get the pain in the sides.i walk very fast and usually go for about an hour,the pain starts after 15min already.i have tried a different breathing technique but it deosnt work at all.any help?what am i doing wrong?
Answer:
dehydration is the number one casue of this. Drink lots of fluids, if you're walking that much I would suggest at least 10 glasses of water a day.
your walking with stitches in your side thats whats wrong lol. It doesnt matter how you try and do it . you are still working out the same muscles .. everytime you do so it stretches out the tissue that you are trying to keep closed. Id wait it out a lil longer .. until your wound has had time to heal. Stitches are usualy needed for a wound that needs time to heal inside first then out . remember that .
That used to happen to me all the time too. I couldn't figure out how to avoid it, got it everytime I went running or power-walking. I don't think it will hurt you, but it sure is annoying. At some point I guess I just grew out of it, I think I was about 20 y.o. when it stopped.
Are you talking about a muscle "stitch" or a suture "stitch" ? I'm guessing the muscle "stitch." First,you must rest those muscles,remember the old joke,"Hey,Doc it hurts when I do this,and the Doc replies,"Don't do that,if it hurts". Give the walking a rest,develop a routine without it for a while.I'm reading in my sport's injury chapter,and it suggests that you have it evaluated,and start from there. Stretching and gaining strength %26 flexibility,in those muscles will help,along with balance,you may be doing something wrong,a trainer can help you reform your tech. Keep hydrated,and keep your potassium levels up. Swimming is a excellent activity for conditioning that area. Take care. SW RNP

No comments:

Post a Comment