Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please help me. my wrist is hurting really bad...?

Ok, for like the last 5 days, my left wrist has been hurting me, right on the part of the wrist below the thumb. It slightly hurts when i move it up and down. And really hurts when i move it side to side. It hurts really bad when i open a door..to where i cant even turn the knob. It also really hurts if i try and pick something up...I mean, it hurts even when i get dressed like when i pick up the shirt/pants and get dressed. When i bend my thumb, it hurts too. My mom is making me wear a wrist brace like this one:
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/i/...What do you think can be wrong. There is no swelling from what i can see. Please help.
Answer:
was there some type of trauma to your thumb? also try doing a "thumbs up" and put pressure with the other hand on the base of the thumb. does that hurt? if it does, there's a chance you have a slight fracture on the bone of that area, called the "scaphoid". check w/ your doctor and you'll need an xray.
what i recommend right now is: continue to wear the wrist brace and what i would do also is take Advil or Motrin over the counter for pain and decrease the swelling (you may not see swelling, but there could be a little).
if there's no ffracture, then little by little try to exercise your thumb and wrist until it feels better. chances are, this could just be a strain of your wrist... good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment