Saturday, August 8, 2009

Problems sleeping?

I start getting tired around 11pm, but unable to actually fall asleep until 4am. I have to get up around 7/8am to deal with the kids. This happens every night.
The doctor gave me Valium, but it just makes me a little dizzy for about an hour and that's it.Anyone ever go through this?`
Answer:
Knock off the caffeine after noon, then try a cup of very warm milk with a little honey in in just before bed. It really does work! Some lavender scented oil on your pillow is relaxing too. Be sure to shut the TV off if you have on in your room, but some soft music might help.
Do NOT drink alcohol! You will sleep for a little while and then wake up. Even a small amount can give you a headache andit's not worth it. Sweet dreams!
Is there an issue bothering you? Do you have caffeine in the form of coke, coffee or tea after 3 pm? Do you exercise late at night? Does this happen all month or just at certain times? Is it different during a full moon? Unless any of the above answers are positive then maybe you have low estrogen levels? Hmm. Its the worst when you are sleep deprived. Can you try turning on a fan for white noise? That would give a muffled sound if noise is a factor. I feel sorry for you
I have ADHD and I am never able to sleep properly. I have also tried Valium as well as Xanax, Ambien, Lunesta and good old fashion Benadryll. I tried everything. The doctors said to start "winding down" about 2 hours before I planned to go to bed. "Take a nice relaxing bath", "warm milk", "hot tea" and of course the great placebo... Melatonin. What a joke. Finally, after my psychiatrist had given up, my OBGYN prescribed Vistaril. It's an antihistamine and I get the best full nights sleep I have ever had. It's not classified as a sleep aid and it's non-addictive. The generic is extremly cheap (Hydroxazinepam). It's worth a shot. Good Luck.
drink a couple beers that will do it, it good for you and you'll sleep like baby

No comments:

Post a Comment