Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please help me! It hurts like hell! What can I do?

I am a thirteen year old girl and my knee hurts like CRAZY! This happens ALL THE TIME. And it isn't growing pains, because I know what they feel like. It is NOT growing pains, because I'm already finished growing. I mean, it hurts so bad it makes me want to throw up. But it doesn't make me cry because I'm used to it. Advil doesn't help. This has been happening ever since I was like, ten. Is it something I should be worried about? Should I tell someone? What can I do to make it go away? Is it normal? Thank you.
Answer:
See a doctor.Persistent pain that doesn't ease, doesn't go away, will only get worse.Also, it may be something that needs fast treatment for a complete cure.You're under age. The state will pay for your medical care. You have nothing to lose. Except agony. Go to the doctor.
There are MANY things that could be wrong with your knees, the bone, tendons, muscles or anything else! Go see your doctor right away and they will probably poke and prod a bit and maybe schedule an X-ray!
you might wanna go and check that out
its most likely from doing some major damage to your knees IE falling on them on too many times
Sweetheart, parents make mistakes. Sometimes we get tuned out to our kids especially if we think they complain too much...even when they don't. It's a parent thing and it isn't good. I'm sorry this has happened to you. You said you are going to the orthopaedist, When you visit the next time, tell the doctor about the pain in your knee...the fact that it has hurt since you were ten; that Advil doesn't help; that it's "pure pain!". It can indeed be related to your back, but only a doctor could tell you that for certain. It ISN'T normal for your knee to hurt so bad. Does heat or ice help? Do any of your other joints hurt? Take it easy and DO talk about this with your doctor next visit. As a parent I worry about the bills, BUT I would do ANYTHING for my kids if something was wrong.Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment