Saturday, August 8, 2009

Psoriasis? (Doctor not an option)?

I obtained a rash a while back. First it started out as a bunch of bumps and every time i would get stressed out they would itch like crazy. I've tried every over the counter med i could think of, nothing works. I try to keep my stress level under control but life is life and i can't always control it. It's embarrassing. I never go swimming anymore, i miss the skin i used to have, it was so clear and smooth and now its ruined in patches here and there. I know it is psoriasis though, it runs strong in both my parents and looks just like theirs. Now it constantly itches, im in constant pain, especially taking a shower, it burns like none other. I dont even know if i should keep it moist or dry because both seemed to make it worse. Covering it made it worse too. I can't see a doctor, can't afford one. And my parents just let theirs go so they have no advice for me. any help whatsoever??
Answer:
After I take a shower, I don't dry myself off. I apply Desitin to my body. Desitin is baby rash cream. But it is 40% Zinc. (Make sure you read the back of the label and buy the one that has the most Zinc) Zinc helps in healing wounds. It's what they use in the nursing homes when patients get bed sores. It will help heal your skin and keep your skin well hydrated. It's terribly sticky and an annoying to apply, but it works. Also, applying lotion just keeps your body from letting moisture escape. But if you don't have very much moisture in your skin, it won't help. So if you apply lotion when your skin is wet, the lotion traps the moisture.
See a doctor!
you can buy topical products with either zinc in them or with salicylic acid in them that will ease the itch and get rid of the red scaly skin. there is also an over the counter creme you can ask the pharmacist for (not RX, but behind the counter) that is about $6-7 a bottle -- I forget the name, but my husband uses it for his psoriasis too. He uses RX medication, but still also uses the OTC creme for the itchiness.
My psoriasis is limited to my scalp, so I'm not sure how much help this may be-but buy some nizeral (sp) and T-gel shampoos, as strong a strength as you can get, and use those to wash the areas daily. Alternate them. They won't be as helpful as prescription medications, but they may help keep it under control. And if you can afford it-trot to your nearest tanning salon-ultraviolet light/vitamin D is one of the recommended treatments for psoriasis, my doctor actually did that to me (although he did say it increased the risk for skin cancer, talk about a lose-lose). Or just try to expose the areas to some sunlight!
Hope it helps, I know it isn't a pleasant disease.
And you can find the shampoos in the medicated/dandruff shampoo aisles.
If it is Psoriasis then you should be keeping it moist, and exfoliating it in the shower gently. Dont use fancy creams to moisturise, just vitamin E cream or something similar. the more natural the better.
My sister suffers from this and recieves UV treatment in a specially designed chamber. She also uses tar based creams, prescribed by her doctor.
my father once had a worker/staff having a psoriasis...some say that it is incurable and is due mainly to stress...A positive outlook could be a great cure for that skin disease...But did you know that my father prayed for that person and in a few weeks got his skin back?
Maybe we just have to go for the real doctor..
Could it be herpes zoster? If so, you really should go to a doctor.
For years I have tested so many techniques
to help my Psoriasis, and some things have
helped more than others. Some things I have
done have worked very well. Many other
people have different stories on what
helped them the most.For more details plz
visit http://www.mypsoriasistreatment.com/...
Using a natural remedy is your best option, and they are less likely to cause an allergic reaction and are easily absorbed by the skin. Essential oils can really help, but if you want home remedies, you can try http://www.skinoriginal.com/psoriasis/6-... for some tips. Hope it helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment