Saturday, August 8, 2009

Possible Carpal Tunnel??

I cashiered for a few years.Now I work in a warehouse picking orders. Plus I am on my computer a lot.My hands go numb off and on. Mostly at night while I am sleeping. And to the point of extreme pain. Almost feels like they are on fire it hurts so bad. Anyone think this may be Carpel Tunnel? My mother had it in both wrists as well as Tendinitis in all 10 fingers. Could it be hereditary?
Answer:
It is possible. Night pain and numbness are classic symptoms. The distribution is usually that of the median nerve which covers the first three digits and thumb side of the palm.Certain conditions can make you more prone to it: diabetes, history of injury and family history may play a role.
It is possibleThis link has more info
http://groups.msn.com/arayofhope/carpelt...You really need to see your doctor who can arrange for tests and treatment if necessary.Good luck A.D.
it's a possibility I have had both carpal tunnel is caused from doing too much receptive work and cause problems in your hand I know cause this happened to me and I had to have surgery and I was laid up for about 6 weeks not fun! my advice would be to make a Doctor appointment just to make sure that is what I think it is I think you have carpal tunnel also I had it and it's not very fun I had to wear a brace for a long time till i had surgery now I am fine cause I don't do repetitive anymore! good luck to you I honestly hope you don't have this!

No comments:

Post a Comment