Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pain under top of ribcage?

I have had a pain under the top of my rib cage for the past week and a half, it tends to make my shoulder and arm hurt as well,does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Its High up to the right and just under the bones.
Answer:
Chest wall pain is common - the pain could just be deferring to your shoulder and arm. Have your doctor check it out - really, it could be as simple as muscle strain, asthma or GERD. There could also be issues with the liver, kidney, spine or gallbladder; it doesn't sound like you have these problems, but still, a urinalysis can rule some of these things out, and it's better to have a doctor look you over just to be on the safe side. Good luck :o)
Sounds like a muscular strain.Could well be trapped wind.Get your gall bladder checked out,or your liver if you drink alcohol a lot.Don't worry.
A pain in the chest is your body telling you to dial 999! (recent government advertisement)
This needs to be checked out. It could be indigestion but it could be a heart problem even though it is on the right of your chest. Don't ignore it - seek proper medical guidance, please.
This could be one of a number of problems from gastric reflux to gallbladder. You should see your GP for the correct diagnosis. In the meantime try antacids and no alcohol!
I would have to go with chest wall pain. I have had numerous "attacks" of these sorts.and have always gone to the e.r. to have them checked out, due to my asthma. Usually it is not my asthma, but it has been. Does it hurt to take a deep breath?? Another would be reflux or maybe an ulcer. I wouldn't go as far as saying a heart condition, I would have the others ruled out first. Take care and I hope all works out well.
I get what sounds the same, but may not be, from my neck. I have two prolapsed discs and a form of arthritis in my neck, get it checked out by the doc.
Good luck
It sounds like it could be wind.Try a rennie or something a long the lines of that. If that doesnt get rid of it maybe go see the doc as you have had it for a week.
Could be Plursey... I had it a few months ago and the pain was under my rib cage and hurt to breath in and out. The pain moved to my Sholder and Back. I would go get it checked if i were you Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment