Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pain?!?

I just started volleyball camp on monday and my thighs and knees are absolutely killing me...i can barely get up the stairs...i still have 3 days of vball camp left how do i make the pain stop??!!plz help!!
Answer:
Take some Advil and a hot bath with Epsom salt. Good luck and hope u feel better!!!!1
The question is whether the pain is muscular or an injury. If it is purely muscular then time and rest are your friends, sometimes I find that I push through the pain and shortly after I start playing it eases a bit , probably a folic acid buildup, fluidsd rest when you are not playing and eat some bananas for potassium, if its an injury then you need a doctor and res or more.Thats my guess...
Your pain in the thigh muscles is DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and is completely normal when doing new activity that your body is not used to. The pain in the knees is probably patellofemoral syndrome and is caused by you using your quad (front thigh) muscles too much and not using your other muscles in your hip, butt, and back of thigh enough. I would recommend you ask your parents to take you to go see a physical therapist if you cont to have knee pain more than a day or two more.

No comments:

Post a Comment