Monday, July 13, 2009

Pain during laughing and walking, could it be a hernia?

Whenever I find myself laughing for prolonged amounts of time or walking on rare occasion I begin to get severe pain in the lower left part of my stomach. I cannot see any bumps which is why I think it may not be a hernia. Should I go see a doctor? Or is this something normal for a teenager? Also whenever I stand a feel very lightheaded if that helps. Any help is appreciated.
Answer:
It is very possible that it could be the start of a hernia, when the intestine starts to push through the wall of the abdomen. That is why you might not see a physical bump. But since you have noticed this and it has been bothering you, I would defiantly go have a doctor check things out. I'm speaking from hernia experience ( not natural ) but surgical. If it is a hernia get it taken care of by a well qualified surgeon. Do research on the surgeon. I have had 4 hernia repairs. The last one was the worst as far as surgeries go (I'm talking Surgeon) , I am awaiting my 5th and largest repair. I wish you well. By the way I was only 21 when I had my first hernia. Natural hernias can happen at anytime in someones life. Check things out with your doctor. Hope this helps.
Teenagers DO get hernias. If it folded inside your body you wouldn't notice a bump. Go have it checked because if it breaks your intestine could slip out of your body (really man, go see a doctor).
Sometimes you can feel a hernia pushing through the muscle, it kind of "pops" when you sneeze or laughs. It's painful if you lift something, etc.
Strangulation can create problems like gangrene in the intestine and lots more problems then you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment