Monday, July 13, 2009

Pain in upper abdoman?

I have pain on the upper right side of my abdoman which comes and goes for about 5 years. I have been to the doctor and had 2 scans but they have come back normal, this may be as I was'nt having an attack at the time. What could it be?
Answer:
Sounds like fibrous scar tissue. Everyone has scar tissue where we are injured/cut, however some heal with excessive amounts of the more fibrous type scar tissue. Fibrous scar tissue attaches itself to the areas around your surgery site, thus when you move it causes pain.GOOD LUCK!
It might be a grumbling appendix, but that's unlikely. I had the same thing for a while - it turned out to be tonsillitis that affected the glands in my abdomen. I advise you to go back to your doctor and DEMAND a diagnosis! You shouldn't have had to put up with it for five years!
I've had a similar pain that would come and go, until one day it did not go away, so I went to er and found out I needed to have my gall bladder out. So I would call and ask your Dr to check for gall stones. That's why the pain comes and goes... You could be passing gall stones.
have they ruled out your gallbladder. Are you female? Majority of gallbaldder problems are in women 90% and 10 % in men. You might have stones? I would get it checked
good luck!
I also have a dull pain just below my right side rib cage fills like some one jabbing a finger in my side but i think i strained a musl.

No comments:

Post a Comment