Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pain under foot (under the 2nd toe)?

After walking quite awhile the other day in my new Puma's I now feel a great pain under my foot where the phalanges and metatarsus meet on the toe right next to the big toe. Specifically, on this picture from Wikipedia (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co... its where the number 2 "body" toe and the number 6 appendage meet. Does anyone know what the problem might be and or how to heel it. Thank you.
Answer:
I had the same thing from standing at attention in the Navy and then the same area went numb on one foot. I went to a podiatrist and he told me I had Mortons Neuroma. Meaning my nerves were/are damaged and he gave me a shot in the foot that seemed to help. When I am on my feet a lot I notice it flares up a bit. To heal you should visit a podiatrist and see if you can get some relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment