Monday, July 13, 2009

Pain from a Liver Biopsy a month ago?

I had a liver biopsy a month ago for Hep B. The biospy was very painful for me. Everything seemed to heal okay, but I get knot like knife stabing pains were my liver is still. My doctor said it could be because I blead a little after the surgery. Its a month now the pain has gotten worse and not getting better at all. Anyone have a Clue?
Answer:
A biopsy is painful at the time but worsening pain a month later is cause for concern. I would suggest you visit another doctor for a second opinion, and if there is a delay there, go to your local hospital. It sounds like your liver is still bleeding or very bruised, and it is much better to be safe than sorry so I hope you seek immediate help.
What did the doctor say? Is the doctor still pulling the wait a little longer chain. I really do not know a whole lot about this subject I am just suggest you go see a doctor even if it is an other doctor.
Like any surgery, liver biopsy does have some risks, such as puncture of the lung or gallbladder, infection, bleeding, and pain, but these complications are rare. I would go see your doctor again, the liver is a serious organ. Must be painful...Good Luck
okay well heres the thing, your liver, is a major center for blood vessels, so bleeding is probably the most probably cause, and it could also be just that the scars themselves are causing tenderness, the liver has an amazing ability to rebuild itself, but the fibrotic tissue that it produces can cause pain. Theres also the possibility that the pain is unrelated to your surgery, schistosomiasis, mono, abcesses, and dubin-johnson syndrome (very rare) all cause liver pain/tenderness, definitley should talk to your doctor more about it, could be a host of things. unfortunatley, i would stray away from nsaid's or any pain medication, as it accumulates in the liver and could worsen your symptoms, stick to your doctors regiment, and dont stray without consulting him first.Good luck! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment