Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pain underneath top of right breastbone almost at the apex of the sternum?

What could this be please. I know go to the doctors.trouble he has no idea.I wondered if anyone might give me some indication as to what this might be please...thank you!When I bend forward I feel as though someone is turning a tornaque round my chest.... Not a heart attack
Answer:
Possibly gallstones? Especially if it comes and goes in cycles of about a couple of weeks You need to go back to your GP and have blood tests.
I know this is silly but is it a belt of wind? What makes you and your doctor say it is not a heart attack. Have you had it checked out at hospital on an ECG machine. I suspect you have not consulted a doctor and suggest you do so like yesterday
I have a stress fracture on my sternum which feels the same way.
Well i have experienced some pain exactly where you described but how severe is yours I'm not sure? What i discovered was that every time my period is about to come I get this pain .So I'm thinking it's associated with my period,and also the under wire bras that I wore had something to do with it.Do you wear under wire bras?
could be*chest infection
*acid reflux
*broken ribI had a chest infection and it felt like something would move around in my chest and hurt...I was convinced something was broken. Antibiotics made it go away. It still comes back sometimes, though, and I have to take them again...it's been 10 years.
Hi thereDoes it hurt when you breathe in/out or maybe when you lift your arm? Do you feel pain in the spine at the top on the right?As the pain is aggravated by movement the likelihood is that it is mechanical (that is muscles, ligaments and joints) in nature. Sometimes ribs can get very slightly out of alignment which can give a localised pain over the rib joints (front, back or both) which can be exacerbated by movement. Not serious just painful.Maybe try local osteopath and see what they have to say. For local osteopath go to www.osteopathy.org.ukAll the best
it could be gall stones- however a dr, would probably check for that- it also could be what I have - costochrondritis- (sp)- it is an inflammation between the ribs- which can last for days or months- and then leave and come back again- fibromyalgia and costochrondritis, can mask themselves as heart attacks. I am having an attack of this myself this week- I have Fibromyalgia and costo- is one of the symptoms however you can have costo with fibro
sounds like heartburn indigeston to me x

No comments:

Post a Comment