Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pain relief for achilles tendonitis?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can relieve the pain of my achilles tendonitis? I am already taking a strong anti-inflammatory painkiller but it is still causing me pain and, because I walk for 4+ hours per day for my job, it never goes away...
Answer:
2 things...gentle stretching of you calf muscles can really help and ice massage.the way you do ice massage is to fill a paper cup half way with water, freeze it, then peel back the cup to expose some of the ice and rub that on the area that hurts for 4-5 mins. You will have to push through some uncomfortable sensations to get to the point that it is numb.
You can order a brace that will assist with your pain. It is for achilles tendonitis treatment . Visit bledsoebrace.com they have the brace

No comments:

Post a Comment