Friday, July 10, 2009

Pain and swelling on 2 fingers? Not carpel tunnel?

i woke up yesterday with a strange pulling sensation and dull pain in my small and ring fingers on my right hand.Advil helped the pain and pulling feeling, but when i got home i noticed my hands were swollen slightly.i took my rings off and went to bed, and i figured this morning the swelling would be gone, but nope.the pulling sensation feels like it's coming from the top of my hand under the 2 fingers effected. It worsens when i stretch my fingers out.on a scale of 1-10 the pain in a 2 at worse. i wouldn't even call it a pain, more of an "annoyance"i'd like to head off any problems off before they get worse as i am a jewelry designer and a waitress, and my hands are vital to my ability to make money.i have no medical coverage.thanks for your help
Answer:
I sure hope it isn't arthritis. Exercise all your fingers for a few minutes a couple of times a day.
do you have a free clinic around?
I know that there is a nerve that runs to those fingers and when I loose weight and I lean on my elbows alot it tends to set it off... because I have less padding there now. But changing how I sit etc making sure I am not using my elbows as resting places for my head or while reading.
But when this happens I don;t get swelling, just pain. Sometimes from the numbness I feel that it is swellen but its not. A doc might be best to take a look, do an ex-ray, check bloodpresure... if you swell with too much salt you could be irritating the nerve that runs from the elbow to the fingers.But than I would want to know why the swelling was happening.Also if you waitress.. a low paying job, see if you can get on your state health plan for poorer people...not just people on welfare but for the working poor too.

No comments:

Post a Comment