Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Painful Ribs keeping me awake!?

Right before bed i lay down and start to relax, but then a pain hits my ribs, i roll over and over in differant positions but nothing works at all. I am bone tired and very frustrated because i want to sleep but the pain keeps me awake, and when i do fall asleep i wake up a few hours later, never to sleep for the rest of the night.
My husband also has this problem sometimes. I am 20 and he is 24, we have a matress that is kinda firm, but we've had it 3 years and i've never had this problem before.
I have had the problem before i was with my husband from sleeping on the floor or a matress on the floor. I am really angry and frustrated, I can't sleep and my doctor told me to change my position but nothing helps!! What should i do?
Answer:
I suggest you see a chiropractor for treatment. It sounds like the muscles in the rib cage are having spasms. A chiropractor will give you a complete examination including xray and will be able to tell you what is the problem as well as start giving you immediate relief. I've enclosed a link where you can find a qualified chiropractor that uses a very gentle method, in your area.
Make friends with a massage therapist
Read The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Davies - to help you understand what is going on and how to help yourself.
Seriously consider a chiropractor - many times the combination of the three is the only way to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment