Monday, July 13, 2009

Pain in kidney area/tip of penis?

I am 19 at Penn State. I went running yesterday and about an hour after my kidney area started hurting kind of bad for the rest of the day, ecspecially when I take a step with my left foot, since the pains on the left side. I started drinking a lot of water to flush the kidney but no help. So this morning I woke up and the pain was still there and stayed for most of the day till I went swimming at about 5:30pm. I went about 20 laps and the pain went away which is why I started thinking it was just a pulled muscle. Keep in mind I have been staying hydrated. So then at around 10 I took a shower and when I went to pee, it was very dark colored and kind of burned when it came out, and since then I have had a sensation in the tip of my penis, not so much pain, but definately not a good feeling.Any suggestions on what I should? Maybe see a doctor tommorow up on campus or what?
Answer:
So long as you're not in excruciating pain, lightheaded, dizzy, or experiencing other signs/sensations that you're severely ill, you'll likely be fine to wait until tomorrow during normal business hours to see a doctor. Your description suggests benign myoglobinuria because of heavy exercise or possibly a benign porphyrin metabolism deficiency, but neither is an emergency nor do they have any long term effects. See a doctor, make sure it is something benign, but save yourself the ER fee unless you don't think you're going to make it 'til sunrise. Oh, and back off a bit on the exercise until you've gotten to the bottom of it - that could be your trigger. GO PENN STATE!
get to an ER.
Sounds like you need immediate medical attention, although it doesn't sound like life-and-death. You might have a stone or something that will require some hospital care. Of course, the pain in the penis could be from passing the stone, so a doctor could find nothing if it's gone already. Doesn't mean you don't need to see one, though.
You do need to be seen right now. It could be a severe kidney infection, or worse. If you have urinated and still feel like you have to go again right away, that might be it. Some STDs also cause this. In any event, go to the ER.
Sounds like blood in urine. Maybe you hit your kidneys. If not, check sugar level.
I have had kindey stones several times. This might be stones. Short of going to the doctor, start drinking apple-cranberry juice, like several jugs a day.
maybe kidney stone, or, since you are a college student, possibly an STD.Dark urine usually means you are not getting enough fluids
Ok, I pass kidney stones allll the time and before I pass them the pain in one of my kidneys is really intense. I've never had a baby, but the pain was so horrible I thought I was dying and went to the emergency room. I was told by doctors and nurses that they hear that the pain is worse than having a baby. Usually after the pain is gone, I have trouble urinating. I've talked to guys that have had this problem and they say that when they pass a stone it gets stuck in the head of the penis. A few guys say they had to go to the emergency room for relief of the pain, but there is really nothing they can do. When the stone comes out it's literally a "stone" with spikes on it, so when it passes its painful. I had one guy friend that said he has to jack off when his needs to come out. The force of the ejaculation makes it come out. Good luck. I would still go to the doctor to have it checked. Don't let the blood in the urine scare you. It's because the stone scraped you when it was traveling and the blood came out in your urine.

No comments:

Post a Comment