Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quiting Percocet?

for about 2 weeks I have been aking 7 percocet at a time every night, I stoped cold turkey tonight. How hard will it be to stop? I know I made a mistake by mis using them and I am quiting...jus wantto know how hard it will be for only using them for about 2 weeks
Answer:
If it has only been 2 weeks you should be fine. I work in hospital and they have people on morphine for longer then that and then just take it away one day and they are always fine and morphine is stronger drug.
Even though its onlt been a few weeks your probably already addicted. I know from experience but if yu have it in your mind to quit you should have no probem.
I DID SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I was prescribed Percocet for a couple weeks. After I stopped my Dr. never told me I had to wean off. I ended up at the E.R. because two days after stopping I had withdrawals bad. P.S. I did not take seven I took the recomended dose and then stopped before I was even out because I was feeling better. Until the unexpected hellish withdrawals kicked in.
It is very possible that you could go into cardiac arrest 2 night, if you happen to start sweating really bad you need to call 911 immediately. I am concerned about your welfare. The sweating will generally be cold but either one should alarm you to contact 911. Anything out of the ordinary, nausea, vomitting, dizziness.Yea I know in the hospital doctors do prescribe morphine but when they stop them cold turkey, they have a prescription for pain meds to take at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment