Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Qtips good or bad?

i was told that when you use a qtip to clean your ears all you are doing is pushing the wax back in ...is that true. I use qtips all the time b/c if i dont how am i suppost to get the wax out?
Answer:
Q tips are seriously bad - ask any doctor. All it does is compact the wax - push it further in your ear, and you can rupture an ear drum too. What to do instead is use olive oil - a few drops every night in your ears for a week. Then after that, use a syringe thing to send water in your ear, and the wax will come out.
you guys think that Qtips are evil? wow...
I used to use Q-Tips, but they somehow made my sinusitis even worse. I now use an earwax remover I purchased at Walgreens. They're really inexpensive, you can get one for at least $3.
I have heard that it's bad for your eardrum, I'm not sure if it pushes the wax back.
Q-Tips: bad. If you have an ear wax problem, do some research about different methods of periodic cleansing: kits, ear baths, etc. You will then find your personal solution - but do give up the daily Q-Tip regime

No comments:

Post a Comment