Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quit smoking tips?

Does anybody have any? I told my fiance that the minute we got engaged I'd quit - that was 2 1/2 months ago. I only smoke 2 or 3 per day, but it's the one right after work and then after dinner that I CANNOT go without...help!
Answer:
I quit cold turkey and smoked about 3/4-1 pack a day for 15 years.I made a list of the times I smoked and craved a smoke. I keep this diary type list going for 1 week. Then I analyzed the list to see specific patterns in smoking needs and habits. Then the times I seemed to smoke the most or crave a cigarette, I exchanged the activity for one where I couldn't smoke. It has been 6 months and although I used to have a cigarette in the morning with my cup of coffee, I still have the cup of coffee and the idea of lighting one up makes me gag.You can do it if you really want to. I recently lost my sister to lung cancer and she found out she had it 2 months before she died. I think that also made a definite impact on my decision to quit.Good Luck.
If you only take two or three a day, then you can kick the habit. You have to do what you promised your fiance or he will not trust you to keep any other promise.
What's the matter, little man. Can't you stop smoking without anybody holding your hand, what kind of a bozo are you?With luck, I pissed you off enough you're going to show me who's a bozo!!Good luck. I know. it ain't easy!
Never start, but if it's too late and you've started try to cut down on your own and then use some quitting tool like the patch or gum. Then do some sessions with a therapist. Baby Steps all the way.
"COLD TURKEY"watch a view to see what cancer really does to the body
good luck
Watch your father slowly die in front off you from small cell lung cancer that spread to his brain.Thats what did it for me but I hear nicorette helps also
TRY A COMMIT LOZENGE it's what i'm using
try this site ...
lock yourself in a room nothing but food,mini frige should do it - 3 days! then it's done, watch tv, sleep, what ever it takes
i really beleive that the addiction is ll in the mind, its just habit. ive smoked for a year now to prove my firneds wrong that i could quit with no question. it depended on mye how busy i was. keep yourself busy. LESS TIME YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT SMOKING THE BETTER. i never smoke when i go back home from college. i know my parents would kill me. i was no more than 4 a day. the easiest thing is to not have any cigarettes in the house. you want to smoke, but dont want to run to the gas station and get one. ask yur husband to help you substain. im sure he would
For me it was the first one in the car in the morning--had the most trouble getting past that one. I quit 10 years ago February and my husband quit about 7 years ago. I quit cold turkey and husband used Welbutrin--we both quit for good, too. I found that popping a piece of gum in my mouth kept me from smoking when I had an urge--my mouth was doing something so I was appeased until I forgot that I even wanted a cig. For my hubby, he quit smoking his usual cigs and switched to these really nasty 'all natural' cigs. He eventually couldn't take those any more and quit. For him the Welbutrin was a lifesaver--it made smoking cigarettes so incredibly gross and unsatisfactory that he quit. It blocks the so-called satisfaction sensors so that cigs are very unenjoyable. That and nasty cigarettes and the desire to quit worked well. Plus, Welbutrin is an antidepressant so you shouldn't get as much depression over quitting.
Just flat out QUIT, cold turkey.
I quit a 2-3 pack a day, 27 YEAR LONG habit cold turkey nearly 3 years ago.Just ride out the first few days with plenty of gum %26 hard candy, and the PHYSICAL addiction is gone in 5 days. Then you just fight the mental addiction, but even THAT is gone in a year.You have to do this, to prove to your fiance that you are as good as your word.
Good luck--you CAN do it!!
ok so use gums, pills, and patches. experiment. see if you can find one that wroks the best. ask your docter about whats right for you.
Tips for the First Week1.Drink a lot of liquids, especially water
Avoid sugar and fatty food
3.exercise regularly and moderately.
4.Get more sleep.
5.Take deep breaths.
6.Change your habits.
7.Do something to reduce your stressi suggest you do to this website for more tips
http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/tobacco/1s...for Ten unusual quit smoking tips go to this web site
http://whyquit.com/pr/100305.html...if i were you i join group on yahoo ...
good luck . this is the right thing %26gt;%26gt;%26gt; ;)
My boyfriend quit. If you meant your promise of quitting, then just stop cold turkey. It's hard the first 2 weeks, but then you don't even think about it anymore. Get some gum or lollipops. Just watch that you don't replace cigs with eating because then you'll balloon!If you wanted to quit, then you would have done it already. You have to WANT to do it for yourself, not for someone else. Quit smoking for your health, your future child's health, and to make yourself, your clothes, your house, and your car smell better. And that smoker's cough should go away after a few months, too.
Contact the Quitline and join a Quit Smoking Clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment