Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Q. does anybody else feel like those characters in "waiting for god" besides me?

i stay busy but there is no point really. hard to just diddle with the tomatoes and refinish the old desk. feed the birds and cat. juice some carrots for lunch and fill out insurance papers. call son far away. stay calm and don't get overheated. the ticker is weak and diabetes constantly causes one problem or another. acceptance and maintaining a shred of dignity and waiting. might be years yet. anybody like that to comment? i am 65 and ailing but really smart some days. not smart many days. like the people on the show. understand?
Answer:
Ah you got years to go yet. Join a club or two that gets you out of the house, make a few new friends- i know people sho lives are in a far more serious way and they make the most of it by living and enjoying the moment- doing their best to have some fun and some friends. Look for something else cos your a long time dead mate.
Sometimes.
It's *Waiting For Godot*Oh.
Sorry.
I'm 30.
I'm gay.
I'm Jewish.
I'm Australian.
No wonder we don't/can't/won't relate to each other.
I've never seen the show, but it sounds like you may be depressed? I certainly could understand if you were, being sick and all. I'm sorry you are going through this and hope that your family and friends can be there for you. In the meantime, why not call your local house of worship and ask to be visited? You may make some new friends and find something else to help you keep busy. God bless you!
hey kid im 45 but i hear you im there too xxx
I'm not waiting, I'm just existing. Sometimes I get the sensation I'm just hanging around to see what happens next. Usually it's interesting, sometimes it's aggravating, but I just keep hanging around to see what happens next...I need a hobby.P.S. Controversy -- there is a British telly show called "Waiting for God" -- it's a comedy.
You need to get out and get involved in life. There are people much worse off than you who could use a helping hand or some encouragement. You could volunteer to read to children, write letters for the disabled, or help out at a hospital or veterans' home. 65 is not old these day. I'm older than you and I'm not ready to give up by a long shot.
Oh yes, I understand. Thank you for the wonderful insights in your words.
OK I am 67, have high blood pressure, sub clinical coeliac disease, arthritis and prostate problems.But few men of my (our) age have nothing wrong with them. I walk 5-10 miles 3 or 4 (sometimes 5) times a week, I cook, read, write. . OK maybe not too well but I do it. .I google the Internet for new recipes, I have a running battle with HM Inland revenue over a pathetically small amount of tax.I get angry, upset, I laugh go to social functions. . like you my smartness varies but even that can be amusing.In short I have a life.But I have to work at it.Then I see on TV about 10 year old Africans stolen from their parents and taken into slavery to produce chocolate beans. . then feller, I KNOW I am well off.

No comments:

Post a Comment