Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Question about my pain killer?

i just had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out friday, 3 are healing up perfectly but one is killing me, im on a generic percocet the name is oxycodone 325 mg, and it makes me really sleepy and groggy, but what has me worried is it makes me real dizzy.. is that normal or do i need to get a differant pain killer?
Answer:
Oxycodone is an analgesic that causes drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, and lightheadedness. Your symptoms are normal. If you take your meds on a full stomach it might relieve your symptoms a little, but when taking a painkiller as strong as the one you are it is completely normal. This is why it states that you shouldn't drive or operate heavy machinery while taking them.
normal how ever i would maybe call your dentist about the tooth giving you issues perhaps you have dry socket ouchy
Yep sounds about right for percocet. They can give you tylenol with codeine, it won't work as well but will likely have less side effects. Demerol or morphine will do the similar things - especially the dizzy part. I don't react well to morphine - it makes me see people who aren't there - even happy hallicinations are still bad. lol If only one tooth out of four is hurting you probably need to at least call, likely visit your dentist/surgeon. It may be they missed a piece, or you have a dry socket.
Perfecty normal. Nope, U don't need to ask for a different pain reliever. You could take less ( a half a pill) if that get rid of the pain. but like the person above stated, if its dry socket, it would take 2 at a time to get rid of my pain... dizzy is o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment