Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quit smoking aid?

what is a good quit smoking aid that you have used successfully? this is my third or fourth time trying. i tried the nicotine gum but i dont like it because it burns my throat. what else is out there?
Answer:
A good aid is to call the Quitline and to join a Quit Smoking Clinic.
its weird but lollipops, regular gum and hard candies helped me...as long as i kept one around i was good to go..i hate the gum too!! and the patches burned me so i feel ur pain :( good luck
I smoked for 30 years. I quit over 5 years ago. The method that worked for me was the patch and PRAYER. I gave my addiction to God and he took it away.
There is a new medication available by prescription, Chantix, it really works. It blocks the nicotine receptor in the brain. So once you start the med you slowly come off the cigarettes over the course of 7 -10 days. The meds may be continued for up to 6 months. Ask your Dr. about it, its relatively new on the market. Price without insurance is roughly 125.00 per month but very well worth it. Good luck wish you great success!!
I smoked 3 packs a day (no kidding!!). At age 40 I had a heart attack. I was in the hospital for 2 months %26 rehab for 1 month. It took me almost a year to be able to speak full sentances. 17 years later I still have problems breathing and being active.I owned my own business. That ended about six months after my attack. I don't smoke, I eat "healthy" and excersize (when I can).. I don't have the energy to play with kids. Long walks are very hard.I wish I had stopped (like you).. long ago.But I also had tried many times. Deep down I just believed this stuff wouldn't happen to me.I hope you're smarter than I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment