Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Question About Making Another Doctor Do Surgery?

I have some form of blood clot in my wrist, it has been like that since april and the orthepedic doctors were waiting to see if it would go away. But now they are going to removed, so i have to get surgery done. But they are so back up with surgeries so i have to wait over a month.and it is really hurting. I been in pain for months, any movement in my wrist hurts and i cant just keep taking pain killers. I cant be sleeping everyday. Could I have another doctor to do the surgery? How would I go about doing that? After i get the surgery done, can i just go back to my regular orthepedic doctor for check ups to see how my wrist is doing?
Answer:
You have the final say on your health.You can get a 2nd 3rd 4th etc. opinion its your right period.
You would most likely have to start the "process" all over again with the new doctor. SO, stay with the Dr. who knows you and the situation.
Yeah, I know it hurts, but its probably best.
I would talk to your current doctor about this. It's certainly something that you could consider. I would express your feelings to your current doctor, and ask them about going to another doctor, and what doctor they would suggest, and if you could go back to your normal doctor after wards.
You may have to pick up your medical info or have it faxed over. I would ask the office about that, but they will give it to you if you do choose to go to another doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment