Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Question about taking off of work...?

so i've had my job for almost 3 weeks now... if i called in sick.. would i get fired?
Answer:
check your employer's sick leave policy. (and i hope you mean you really are sick)
U SHOULDN'T.THEY'LL ONLY BE LOOKING AT.... HAVE U BEEN COMIN TO WORK %26 IF YOU BEEN COMING LATE!
maybe not the first time but more than that could be a good reason for termination.
I don't know that they would fire you, but I think they wouldn't be too happy about you calling in already. 3 weeks isn't a very long time before missing a day of work at a new job. These kinds of things you have to be real careful with. I would never call in sick until I had been at a new job for at least 5-6 months. And, I would make sure that I am truly sick to do that. But, it's your choice and you do what you have to do. But, be careful! You might not have a job to call in to before long, especially if you make a habit of this.
I was always taught that you go to work sick and let them send you home. That way the employer knows that you made the effort and you really are sick.
It really depends too on what type of job you have. If you are counted on and there isn't another employee that can pick up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment